University of Pennsylvania Law School
One for the World (OFTW) asks students and alumni to donate 1% of their income to the world's most effective organizations working to end extreme global poverty. Our goal is to educate members of the Penn Law community on extreme poverty and effective charitable giving more broadly, while raising money for evidence-backed non-profits that help the world's poorest and most vulnerable people.
We have developed a rigorous process for evaluating non-profits and each year identify some of the most effective organizations in this space. Past organizations include The Against Malaria Foundation, GiveDirectly, Possible, Living Goods and Population Services International.
Since its inception in 2016, Penn Law's chapter has raised $2,338 in donations from Penn Law students with another $12,300 pledged through 2020! To date, the $2,338 has already translated into:
- 320 people receiving healthcare products through Living Goods
- 180 bednets preventing malaria through the Against Malaria Foundation
- 287 people provided with clean water through Evidence Action
- 251 children dewormed through the Schistosomiasis Control Initiative
- 26 children receiving an annual supply of micronutrient fortification through Project Healthy Children
- and many more services, products, and years of healthy life
If you would like further information, please contact our board members!
Co-Presidents: Alex Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) and James Wieler (email@example.com)
1L Representatives: Katharina Schwarz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Haley Pritchard (email@example.com)
2L Representative: Ebenezer Gyasi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3L Representatives: Robert Thrasher (email@example.com), Alex McCammon (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Drew Lawson (email@example.com)